Comments on Changes to website

admin

Usergroup: Administrators

Total Topics: 7
Total Comments: 50
admin
Posted Feb26, 2011 - 12:31 AM:
Subject: Changes to website
With the move to another host I have taken the opportunity to use new scripts for the forum and for classified ads. the good thing about this is that now there is only one list of members with one registration and one login required.

The down side is that users of the Classified script will have to re-register - I have moved a copy of the old classified ads over as they were on 25th Feb. any new ads will have to use the new version. In order for people to reply to ads they will have to register on the site - a bit of a nuisance but hopefully should put off some of the attempts at fraud.

The users of the previous forum will also have to re-register to post and old posts although still there may not be associated with the poster.

A new Photo gallery has been added Hopefully members will be able to add their own (pottery related)photos - exactly how best to organise to be decided when I recover from the move which has taken me out of my comfort zone!

Later!

Main pages are now functional and Classified ads, Links directory and forum are working as is the member/registration/login system. I have tried to make things as automatic and painless for users as possible, this does mean that it is also fairly easy for unwanted Ads to appear - which I remove as soon as I notice them. If this becomes a real problem then Ads might have to wait until they are approved - not yet though!

The photo gallery script is still not operational and I haven't quite decided the direction I'm going with it.

The site needs a makeover - keep the functionality but look a bit less dated.

Edited by admin on Mar10, 2011 - 9:52 PM. Reason: Update
admin

Usergroup: Administrators

Total Topics: 7
Total Comments: 50
admin
Posted Aug04, 2011 - 11:45 PM:
Subject: Update
The home page has changed completely but the site still functions in the same way. All the pages have a new header - there have been several positioning problems, hopefully mainly now sorted.

Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission . Log in, or register if you haven't yet.